In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Book Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)
by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 5th, 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Young Adult Dystopia
Format: Hardcover, 461 pages
Source: Liana
ISBN: 978-0-0620-8553-5
Get a Copy: B&N | Amazon | Kobo 

Goodreads Summary: tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


Cindy's Review: 

Shatter Me was so superflippinfantastic. Omg. And I couldn't wait for Unravel Me. Unravel Me had so many surprises for me. Like Ohmergerd. I really didn't expect to go for Team Warner. Because I was on Team Adam too much in the first book.

"Oh good," he says to me. "You're right on time."
Whose that? Is it Warner? Omg *fangirls

When I read other reviews of Unravel Me and saw that readers had gone to Team Warner, half of me was thinking 'What's wrong with them!' and the other half is thinking 'Warner must be hot in this book.'

Anyways, yeah guys, Warner is so hard not to resist. Omg. Like yeah. And he's only 19! So he could be a candidate for Juliette's heart. Yep. Definitely. And and I heard he has abs. Omg. LOL. From Juliette. 

"Shoot her. Shoot her right now."
He's so heartless. Omg. Omg. Omg. Omg. What's gonna happen? 

The Cover:
I never understand the eye part of the covers. But I guess it kind of signifies of its series. Since all books related to Shatter Me have that eye thing. Just from looking at the cover, it reminds me of winter. And the person is crying.....yeah I dunno what the eye stands for. At all. #clueless-reader

"Maybe he and I really are perfect for each other."
In a good way. ;D

The Characters:
Juliette - Hmmm...let's see. In this book, Juliette seem to get stronger in a way and become more helpless in another way. She seems to be sure of her surrounding and I guess you can say she's learning how to use her abilities in a way. But her romance is going astray. She loves Adam. But she can't be with him. (Yeah. I said it out.) She wants to be with Adam, but she doesn't want to hurt him. Adam wants to be with her, but there's Warner. Seriously. I don't know what her heart is going through right now. LOL. 

"And shoots me right in the chest."
This should be to revealing to put in. But I really can't resist sharing this quote guys. Cuz this took my breath away.

Adam Kent - Okay, sure maybe I'm on Team Warner. Adam is still Adam. Actually I feel sad for Adam. He deserves so much. And he can't get it. Omg. I think he's should be the sad character that's in most books. Sad life. Sad romance. Sad everything. If Warner wasn't there though, Adam would totally be Juliette's. In Unravel Me, Adam begged a lot. To Juliette. I don't necessary like those kind of guys.....

"Warner is here."
Hyperventilating. LOL. *Breathing hard

Warner - Oh yeah. We discover his real name in this book. I don't really like it. But the name kind of connects with everything. And omfg, like this book. There are so many surprises. Like every chapter. I was reading it during first period ( I have IWE office, so I have some free time to read) and like I kept saying omg. LOL. There was only one teacher there, so no one thought I was weird. Anyways, Warner is kind of cocky in this book. HE HAS DIMPLES. Omg. Haha. Warner isn't really cruel and cold-hearted in this book. In fact, he was cocky and handsome and ya know the boy we want him to be. Yeah. I admit. I don't hate Warner anymore, as much as I want to. 

And omg, Warner has such hot scenes with Juliette. Like his connections with her, Juliette never felt with Adam. Just thinking about the book makes me go crazy all over again. And I can't say anything about it ;( 

"That we're lying in his childhood bed together."
D'awwwwww

For those who read Shatter Me, you should definitely read Unravel Me! All those cliffhangers. And Unravel Me reveals a lot more secrets of Adam and Warner. Argh. Yep. Can't wait for that final book. And this book just came out. ;( 

The Rating: (1-10): 9~

These quotes are all from Kenji. Omg. I forgot to talk about Kenji. He's so funny and cool and awesome. I really like him because Kenji isn't in that crazy love-triangle thing. And I think my favorite character is Kenji so far. LOL.

"You guys playing footsie under the table or someshit?"
Haha, Kenji. State the obvious.

"You are moody. It's always 'Shut up, Kenji.''Go to sleep, Kenji.' 'No one ants to see you naked, Kenji.' When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked - "
Ohmergerd. I can't. Haha. Almost cried here. 

"And I'd really appreciate it if you'd grow the hell up and stop walking around like the world crapped on your only roll of toilet paper."
Sometimes, Kenji is such a butthole, but he's right. LOL.

"I mean, I just have to say - that last line? 'I wish I could love you less'? That was genius. Really, really nice. I think Winston actually shed a tear-"
Sppechless. LOL. Kenji is just so freakin damn funny. Right when you're emotional or about to cry, he'll pop up and make you laugh till you cry. LOL. 

"Mmmmmmm, you're like a sexy, super-scary plant."
Omg. Kenji. What a simile.

"Do I look like the kind of guy who's never had a girlfriend?"
Errr.....yeahhh

"'Oh Adam, look at me, look at how sexy I am in my new outfit' "
I can imagine Kenji saying this in a high, squeaky voice

"I look sexy as hell in this outfit"
Sure you do....

"Today is our day to die, ladies"
Kenji.....how encouraging.

That's it. And yeah it's a whole lot. Cuz Kenji <3.

Happy Reading~ 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, if Warner wasn't in this book I would be Team Adam. Sadly for Adam, Warner does exist just by being in this books makes the experience so much yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you seriously just read my copy when you had the ebook omg EHL. OH. EHL.

    I like how most of your sources are "Liana" HAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!