In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Author Interview: Jennifer Snyder, The Author of Exhale

Jennifer Snyder
Hey guys, I recently reviewed some books by Jennifer Snyder. And her books are just amazing~  so I decided to do an author interview~

She wrote some awesome books like Exhale, The Unloved, and Shattered Soul.

Hope you'll enjoy~

1. Out of all the books you've written, which one did you enjoy the most?

Shattered Soul, which was my debut novel. That novel came to me lightning fast! Even though it touches on some very sensitive subjects and my heartstrings were tugged in a million different ways while writing it - Seth's voice in my head was amazing! 

2. How long did it take you to write Exhale?

About 6-8 weeks.

3. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?

My first favorite book as a kid was The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl. I must have read that book a thousand times!

4. If you were going to come up with a theme song for your book, what song would it be?

Funny thing is, I generally only have a handful of songs that spur inspiration and to be honest that's really only when I write my contemporary novels. When it comes to my paranormal ones (with the exception of The Marked Duology) I don't listen to music when writing. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a song for The Unloved - it would definitely be Scars by Papa Roach. When I first heard that song I felt like it had been written for them and them alone. 



5. Do you like to plan things out before you write?

You know, it would be ice if I did. If I was one of those authors who write these gloriously detailed outlines and basically just has to fill in small blanks left that would be wonderful. But that's not me. My writing process is a little more unorganized than that. I generally start out with either a little clip of dialogue, which could be as small as a single sentence or as long as a paragraph, or else a scene that either pops in my head or comes to me through a dream. And then I go from there. 

6. What is your favorite thing to do during your free time?

Read of course! When I'm not reading or writing I can be found outside playing with my two kids or attempting to have the best flower garden in my little neighborhood. If only I could get the pretty little things to grow...

7.How did you get your agent?

I actually don't have an agent. I'm a Self-Published/Indie Author.

8. What is a food you can eat forever without getting tired of it?

Salads. I could eat a salad every day of my life and never get sick of them.

9. Do you prefer print or e-books? Bookshelf or e-Reader?

It all depends. I still enjoy paperbacks sometimes, but generally only buy them if I'm in love with the author's previous work or I've read a killer e-book and want it on my bookshelf. Most of the time though, it's e-books for me.

10. Do you have an author you look up to? If so, who?

Of course! There are loads of authors that I admire for various reasons. Jennifer Echols has a flawless way of writing, as does Abbi Glines. Anne Rice and Annette Curtis Klause wrote two of my all-time favorite novels. Jessica Sorensen novels always pull me in as well. 

Those are just to name a few. There are many more authors that I'm in love with their writing style and the way they have conducted themselves in both the Indie and Traditionally published worlds. 

Thanks so much for allowing me to be on your blog! 

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer these questions! ;D Hope you guys had fun. And be sure to read Exhale. I just absolutely love that book~ And of course all the other books written by Jennifer too. 

You can hit her up at her website (given above). I'm sure she'll let you request a book. ;) 

1 comment:

Comments make me happy!