In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Review: The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1)
by Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: December 13th, 2012
Genre: New Adult
Format: ebook, 336 pages
Source: ePubBud
Get a Copy: B&N | Amazon | Kobo

Goodreads Summary: There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.


Cindy's Review: 

I heard this book was really good. Other bloggers raved about it. And I really love some romance novel. Omg. ;) I had no doubt about it, since the author is Jessica Sorensen and she's such a great writer. The Secret of Ella and Micha was fabulous. 

"There's nothing going on between us." "Yet."
Omg. That YET. Mhmmmm.

The Cover: 
There's actually an awesome scene in  the book that fits the cover. Really. There isn't much books where a scene in the book actually describes the scene of the cover. So I must say, fantastic cover~

But the girl from the cover doesn't look like she would be bullied. She's looks pretty like those popular girls from school. But oh weeeell~ 

"Just think with your head....and not with your dick."
Luke. LOL. See, he kind of does remind me of Kenji from Shatter Me.

The Characters:
Callie - Ever since 'that incident' happened to her, Callie is closed off. Everyone calls her a freak. Even her own brother. Despite that everyone else believes that she has no real feeling and all, she's actually likes someone. Ever since middle school. Now it's college. And everything is about to change for Callie. A new start. No more being called freak. And no more of 'that incident' around to remind her about her horrible life. What Callie really didn;t expect, though, is that her crush would be going to the same college she's going to.

"I observe his neck muscles as they move to force the alcohol down."
How observant. xD Are you sure you're not falling for him?

Kayden - Such a unique name. LOL. I actually like that name. Kayden is popular in high school .He's hot, sexy, just whatever the most popular boy in the school looks like. But he has a life that no one knows about. No one knows about his father who beats him. Except Callie. Who saved him. That one high school party. And he never really forgot her. But being in the same school as her bring back more memories. And the bad boy Kayden actually falls for the school freak, Callie. (No offense, Callie)

Their romance is so perf. Omg. And Kayden is hot, despite all the scratches he has. So their relationship blooms as they see each other more and more everyday.

"Can I put my hand on your hip?"
Err.. what a refined gentleman. Won't that make thinks awkward?

Luke - Luke was Kayden's best friend in high school. He still is Kayden's best friend in college. In fact, he goes to the same college as Kayden (wonder how that happened.) LOL. I think Luke is actually a pretty fun guy to be around. He kind of reminds me of Kenji from Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) but Kenji was funnier. They both give off that happy, carefree vibe. And one thing I like a lot about Luke is that he is so against Kayden dating his girlfriend, Daisy. She's a senior in high school and bullied Callie constantly. 

"Is she having sex or something?"
Yeah, Seth kind of talks like Luke. And Kenji. Seriously. Every mention of sex and cuss words in a funny way reminds of Kenji. LOL. 

Seth - Seth is Callie's best friend. He's cool. He's not the-boy-next-door kind of best friend, so he's definitely out of Callie's boyfriend material. Which is a good thing since I want her to end up with Kayden. Which is will because there's no love-triangle in this book! ;D Seth is gay, but he doesn't really act like it in the book. Either way, I also think he's fun to be around with. I think Seth and Luke really match each other (not in a relationship, but like in a friend way).

"What the fuck is wrong with my heart?"
It's called love, man.

The Extras:
Ohmergerd. The ending. Like I really wasn't expecting. Because, it was like the last page (and I'm reading using an ereader, so I didn't know what page I was on) and I thought it was the end of a chapter. So I flipped the page and it went to author bio. I was like WHAT! And I had to reread the ending, because I got confused. LOL.

"...I'm smelling her hair like a fucking werido."
LOL. Does it smell good? 

The Good:
I really like how Callie and Kayden's relationship grow stronger. It's so cute. You'll get to read their sweet scenes and all. I especially liked the rain scene because that was romantic, even though it's a bit touchy.

This book also had a bit of suspense to it, because we don't learn about what happened to Callie to make her so exclusive until the near end of the book. Everything starts making sense there. 

"Let him get close to you if he wants to, okay?"
You gotta love Seth. :)

The Bad:
Although I love romance, I still try to stick to young adult, but yeah those romantic scenes were hot. I don't remember if anything happened between Callie and Kayden. Haha. Cuz my horrible memories. I read this like a month ago (like always)

"They have attachment issues."
LOL.

The Rating: (1-10): 9
Hey, it was romantic and sweet~ 

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!