In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Book Review: Star Crossed by Jennifer Echols

Star Crossed (Stargazer, #1)Star Crossed (Stargazer #1)
by Jennifer Echols
Release Date: February 26th, 2013
Publisher: Pocket Books
Genre: Contemporary Romance
ebook, 384 pages
Get a Copy:
       Barnes and Nobles
       Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Wendy Mann loves her job rescuing celebrities from public relations scrapes. She grew up with nothing, and now she’s drawn to glitz, glamour, and a lighthearted lifestyle. She speaks her mind, so she’s just the tough cookie to tell stars the truth about how other people see them, even when they don’t want to hear it. But after six years at the top of her game, Wendy crosses the line. A star she was sent to save rebels against her and nearly gets her fired. To salvage her job, she must rehabilitate the career of a singing starlet with a penchant for posting inappropriate photos of herself and arguing online with her famous ex. Problem is, the ex is represented by Wendy’s arch nemesis from college, the hot and haughty Daniel Blackstone. And both stars are scheduled for a collision course on national television, broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Daniel’s uneasy when he hears Wendy Mann from his firm’s most hated competitor has been brought in to revive the career of his client’s ex-girlfriend. Daniel must win at any cost. And if he has to seduce Wendy to smooth the way to their partnership, he’s willing to sacrifice himself for the cause. But Daniel doesn’t count on the scorching heat between them—and when they get to Vegas, all bets are off.

Cindy's Review:
At a Glance/The Cover:
Since everyone was raving about Jennifer Echols' books, I decided to give it a try. This book was the first one that came up, so I just decided to get it. No regrets. :D Isn't that a band. Haha. Moving on. 
My first impression was 'ugh, adult books. No' But then I found out they were surprisingly cute. Normally, I don't like to read about couples who had a job, a house, and all that. But in Star Crossed, it was the cool job they had that had brought together, so.....am I starting to change my mind?

I normally really dislike adult books. Because of all the erotica scenes and all. But Jennifer Echols managed to do a hot, spicy romance without a body interaction scene at all.  I must say....#impressed. 

The Characters/Summaries:
Wendy Mann - Being one of the narrator of the book, I must say, I really enjoyed reading about Wendy's work life. She seems that she had established some awesome relationships with her co-workers and they're really funny. Another thing I like about this book. I really enjoy some comedy romance. ;D 

Wendy also seems like a tough girl. She can stand up by herself, yet she still can fit a man in her life. Overall, gee. She's just so cute with Daniel. I can't even say cute, since they are way older than me. I just realized. They're my brother's age. Omfg. Btw, my brother is like 14 years older than me, so.....I'm not that old. LOL.

Daniel - Okay. This thing about me, I need guys to be hot and sexy and awesome like that just because they can. Daniel certainly isn't flawed. At all. But I didn't like him that much because of his sexiness and hotness. I really liked his personality. He's funny, charming, witty. Just what you expect from a celebrity helper person. 

Another reason I really like this book is the whole celebrity thing. I mean, despite trying not to be a crazy fangirl over celebrities.....can't help it. :D I just really love celebrity things. I don't even know why. Something to do with fame, drama, and romance just makes the best novel......but of course, that quiet summer getaway with a cute boy neighbor is also another great story line.

Final Thoughts:
Hehe. Read. Read. Read. Yeah. If you just love whatever I typed up there, have reading! Cuz I'll bet you'll just enjoy this book, just as much as I do. 

This is super random, but I just accidentally clicked some stuff and found an incognito tab thing. It's cool! No search history. KK. I'll play with that later. 

SO READ! I RECOMMEND THE AUTHOR ALTHOUGH I ONLY READ ONE OF HER BOOKS, SO CAN'T WAIT TO FIND MORE~ 

The Rating: (1-10): 9.2~ 

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!