In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight 
by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: January 2nd, 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Paperback, 236 pages
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. 


Cindy's Review:
At First Glance/The Cover:
My opinion? This is like what I said to the book. "I don't believe in love at first sight, but since you're so popular and famous that even my friends who don't read would read this book, I'll give you a try."  The next thought was "Errr..I don't really like the early 1900s kind of books." The cover looked like the early 1900s. LOL. Can't blame me. Yeah. Then I read the book. That's when it blew me away. Like, it was the opposite of everything I just said.

The Characters/Summaries:
Okay. To make this clear, this isn't a love at first sight romance. For those who dislike the 'love at first sight' things. Well. At least it wasn't to me. ;/  I really don't think Hadley and Oliver fell in love at first sight. I think they actually talked to each other, and got to know each other before they actually started to like each other. Which is kind of my favorite kind of YA romances. Or just romances in genre. Because I don't read adult ones. I promise. :D

Hadley - Hadley lives with her mother in America. She had a perfect family once. But nothing is perfect. When her dad went on a vacation in England, he fell in love and moved there in less than a year. Totally. Um. Out of nowhere. I know. LOL.  When her dad invited her to his wedding, Hadley really didn't want to go. But her mom forced her. Well. That's kind of the less important thing. 

I really liked how this book was written. The author has a way of writing that makes the reader feel like they are having fun. Like it's really entertaining. 

Oliver - So Hadley met Oliver in an airport. She was late for her flight. And somehow, at the airplane, she ended up sitting next to Oliver. They talked a lot? Okay. I can just tell this is gonna be a sucky review. Maybe it's the weird weather. It's raining in the summer. ;/ And it isn't even supposed to rain in the summer in California. Ugh. And I like rain too. Okay....And I'm on Facebook. Not a good idea while you're reviewing.

I shall just move on to final thoughts.

Final Thoughts:
This is a really cute book! ;D I know I say that to like every ya romance book. lol.  I definitely recommend you to read it especially if you enjoy comedy and cute couples. ;D Okay. Errr...this is a super awkward review. 

It's a really adorable way on how Hadley and Oliver met. It would make such an amazing story, if they ever have kids. 

The Rating: (1-10): 8.7~ 

Happy Reading~ 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've heard a lot about this book but never felt a dire need to pick it up. But your review has changed that so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!