In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, June 24, 2013

Book Review: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door
by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Release Date: June 14th, 2012
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Hardcover, 362 pages
Obtain a Copy: 
     Barnes and Nobles
     Amazon

Goodreads Summary: The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.

There are many quotes in this color through my review, so please don't get too confused. I advice to read the whole review first then look at the quotes that are inserted like bookmarks between my thoughts. Thanks. ;D 

Cindy's Review: 
At a Glance/The Cover:
Instead of looking at it before I read the book, I'll just give you a short skim on all three. Before. During. After. So before, I was really excited. Cuz from the blurb, the book sounds so cute. And I LOVE LOVE LURVE YA romance. Like they are just so kawaii. I can't believe I'm so asain. I don't even use that word. Omg. I can't. *squeals. LOL. K. So that cover is so I just can't help but fangurling. Cuz it's so cute. Hot. Whatever you can to describe it. asdfjkl;asdfjkl; ....no words. I just really like those covers. Haha. And like I went to heaven and said hi to the prince up there when I found the book.

"Need rescuing"
Ohmergerd. This like the first page, but I can just tell he's hot.

During. In the beginning half. I was entertained till I ran out of my house. Okay. That never happened. But Huntley Fitzpatrick is just so funny. Ohmygawd. She's like HILARIOUS. George. Ermergerd. Yeah. And even Samantha was funny. And like, it was ALL about their romance. No other problems. Just them. Being their cute self. Cute couple. I just ship themk so so mucho.

"I might marry you. Do you want a big family."
 I swear. George is like the funniest little kid ever. This statement is so ironic. LOL. 

In the middle, near the end was when things got more serious. When 'drama' happened. And the 'relationship crisis' happened. And i cried. yeah. I really cried there. I kept hoping that this wasn't a series, cuz I really want them back together again. And btw, this 'drama' isn't the relationship drama. It's something else entirely so don't worry about dramatic crying girls. I actually wouldn't over something like that. That's dramatic *rolls eyes. I'm talking about the family changing kinds........

"George, it's usually better to discuss this kind of thing with your pants on."
 It was about the big family comment. Haha.

Thank god this wasn't a series. Because I swear I would have died to wait a year that's usually how long a book takes to come out unless you're super amazing like Abbi Glines and she can finish a book in like literally three months. Printed and all. Like omg.  Luckily for me, it ended at the end of the book. Happy I guess. But I find it kind of rushed. Like I wanted more of the Sam and Jase time. Especially in the end. 

"Then you could live in here with him. And have a big family."
George and his big family thing. *shakes head

Ermmm...okay. I basically did all three parts of the review. So I'll just try to fill in my missing parts.

"His bed's really comfortable. And he never pees in it...."
Omg. More of George. He's really making me laugh my head off. 

Samantha Reed - Her mother. A Senator, who cares about politics and just politics. No time for Sam. Or Tracey. Only ground rules. "Don't you dare to date" And "No associating with the Garretts" Samantha. Good girl. Always follow mother's instructions. Yes. That is till somebody climbed up her window. So adorably cute there. ;D And secretly, Samantha begins to see the Garrets. Know the Garrets. And kind of be their neighbor.

"Voldemort the corn snake with the shoe fetish."
Okay. This was just super random. But it would be definitely something I might say to a friend. Yeah. I'm random.

Assuming you guys got lots of information from the blurb, I might as well not mention Garrett is a huge family etc... right? K. Moving on.

"Is that what they call it now?"
You just need to read the book understand this. ;') Dying. Omg.

Jason Garrett - Full name. I prefer him as Jase. Okay. The book. The blurb makes him seem average. The book makes him seem average. But when you read it. And pretend to be Samantha. He's like freakin perfect. Omg. They say he's not as jock as his brother. Yet. He trains and conditions to be in the football team. He's average compared to Alice and Joel The jock and queen of family. They attract, let's say, many hot beings. But like HE's FREAKIN' PERFECT. Excuse me for my language here. But I find it hard not to use those words and not express how I feel. KK. Yep. I think you guys get the idea.

" 'Me neither.' George jabs a finger at his own bare chest. 'We match.' "
Okay. Can you imagine now. What just happened? Haha. Hint: They are in Jase's room. *wiggles eyebrows

Okay. There are like so much more important people. I'll just give you  some base names. Tracey Reed is Sam's older sister. Who also has the looks. And the guy. 

"I wake to Jase shaking my shoulders."
This is just too cute. Gah. If only you read this book, guys.

Clary Tucker. Ugh. That. Bastard. I hope bastard isn't a bad word anymore. Cuz no one uses. I only see it in dramas, when they're translating from Korean. Yeah. I wanted to murder him. Throw him in cow poo. Omg. I think he's selfish.

"You'll be needing that stupid Breakfast Ahoy scarf to cover that hickey right there."
;'''D I think I need Emoji on my computer.

Grace Reed. The mother. Even it was the mom who caused the 'incident', I find it more of Clary's fault. So I can't blame the mom. Although I did near the middle. For siding with Clary. But. In the end. *sighs. She's ended up being a mother. It's a good thing guys~ 

"Being a politician is a lot like being an alcoholic in denial."
I think this was the only deep meaning quote I shared, but wow. If you think about it....

Final Thoughts:
Okay. So final thoughts. Umm. ATTENTION! IF YOU ARE A YOUNG ADULT FAN, YOU MUST, I REPEAT, MUST READ THIS AMAZING BOOK. OMG. YOU'RE GONNA DIE. YEAH. DEFINITELY READ IT BEFORE YOU DIE. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO MISS OUT ON THIS WONDERFULLY WRITTEN, ATTENTION WREATHING NOVEL. READ IT. LOVE IT. SHARE IT. ;D Where the heck did that come from? 

"BAD MOMMY. I'M GOING TO KILL YOU WITH A SWORD!"
If you don't take this seriously, this was just plain funny. You really gotta love Huntley Fitzpatrick. <3

The Rating: (1-10): 9~ 
I just had to. Although it didn't click in my heart like some AHMAZINNG books, it was way too cute to not get a nine. ;D  

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!