In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Book Review: The Things a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt

The Things a Brother KnowsThe Things a Brother Knows 
by Dana Reinhardt
Release Date: September 13th, 2011
Publisher: Ember
Format: Paperback, 256 pages
Source: John Muir Middle School Library
ISBN: 978-03758-44560
Get a Copy: 
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Levi's older brother Boaz returns from fighting with the Marines in the Middle East. He's safe. Levi's family has waited three long years for this. But Boaz is no longer the brother Levi thought he knew. Even if nobody else wants to see it, Levi can tell that Boaz has changed; something's wrong. When Boaz announces he's off to hike the Appalachian Trail, Levi knows he's lying. He's heading somewhere else. So Levi follows, determined to understand who his brother was, what he's been through, and how to bring him home again.

Cindy's Review: The Things a Brother Knows is another one of the CYRM 2013 nominee. This is in the Young Adult section competing against Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Matched by Ally Condie. I honestly think it won't win due to how famous and popular Beautiful Creatures and Matched is. It's a battle between those two books. Personally, who would I choose? Hmmm. Even though I like the Beautiful Creatures series better than Matched and I think Matched isn't the best written book ever, I think I'll still choose Matched for the Young Adult section. 

The Cover: 
The cover is okay to me. The only comment I made about it that Levi in the cover does not look 5'9" or was it 5'11"? I forgot.

The Characters/Plot: 
Levi - Levi is 17, almost 18 when his brother, Boaz who is perfect and popular came back from the army. When Boaz came back, he changed completely and was quiet all the time. One day Boaz packed and started to take a walking trip to Washington D.C. 

Levi thought there was something wrong with Boaz, so Levi also decides to go follow Boaz. Together they walked across the country to Washington D.C. 

The ending was kind of sad. I actually cried. LOL. 

The Extras: 
I think this book was kind of boring compared to the other two books. Even though there is some romance, I just don't seem to connect with this book. ;(

Parpar = butterfly    

So if you want to read my review for Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1), here it is: 
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-review-beautiful-creatures-by-kami.html

And if you want Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) review:
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-review-beautiful-darkness-by-kami.html

And the Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) review: 
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-review-beautiful-chaos-by-kami.html

And lastly Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4) review: 
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-review-beautiful-redemption-by.html

Okay. I dunno why just advertised Beautiful Creatures series so much. LOL.

Oh. And I don't have a review of Matched on my blog because I read that book all the way back in sixth grade and I didn't have a blog yet back then. LOL. 

The Rating:
(1-10): 7.5

Happy Reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!