In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cindy's Book Review: Auraria: A Novel by Tim Westover

Auraria: A NovelAuraria by Tim Westover.
Book Summary: Water spirits, moon maidens, haunted pianos, headless revenants, and an invincible terrapin that lives under the mountains. None of these distract James Holtzclaw from his employer's mission: to turn the fading gold-rush town of Auraria, GA, into a first-class resort and drown its fortunes below a man-made lake. But when Auraria's peculiar people and problematic ghosts collide with his own rival ambitions, Holtzclaw must decide what he will save and what will be washed away. Taking its inspiration from a real Georgia ghost town, Auraria is steeped in the folklore of the Southern Appalachians, where the tensions of natural, supernatural and artificial are still alive.

Cindy's Book Review: To be honest, I didn't find this book that interesting. Maybe because I was a sucker for romance and there is no romance in it. But also maybe I just had more interesting books to read and put this as my last place to read. And since I kinda quit reading it towards the middle of the book, I don't really have much to say in this review. It would be a super short one.


Rate: (1-10): 4.2


So even though I didn't really like this book, maybe someone else will! 

Happy Reading all those fab books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!