In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Friday, June 28, 2013

eReader VS Paperback

Hmmm...Long time since I did a discussion post. The last one was about Love Triangles. I should like make a banner for these discussions too, but it takes too much work. Haha. Kk. I know there are a lot of discussions about eReaders and Paperbacks, but well well....I might as well contribute.

What are the positives things of an eReader? (Nook HD+)
Okay. A list?
- Many books in one device
- I don't need to move to get books
- Highlight quotes/Take notes
- Jump pages easily
- Multiple bookmarks without looking crazy (trust me. I took a book with lots of sticky notes on the side for quotes and some guy at school asked me why I had so many bookmarks. :/) 
- Read the books immediately after purchase (don't have to wait for it to come.)
- See a book you like? Buy it immediately!
- Go online and other websites
- Visit your blog so you can get more views.....(LOL. I don't do that. I rather read.)
- Play games. 
- Doesn't break when I accidentally drop it
- Talk, chat, Goodreads, apps. Whatever.
- Go on Google and fangirls over #guys #books etc. without your mom knowing. 

What  is something bad about an eReader?
- The battery dies on you.
- Runs out of battery fast (when you read all day)
- Sometimes the page lags when you try to turn it. ;/
- Bright. Hurt your eyes. And even when you can turn it down....I don't like reading dark. 
- It have problems. Just problems. Like a computer. 
- Fails at a download. Especially when you're trying to get a book from your email. Ugh.
- Cannot turn PDF to ePub or mobi immediately. ;( 
- Hard to type in
- Just not as good as a computer.....or an ipod....when doing other stuff, such as not reading. 


What's good about physical books? #Paperbacks #Hardcovers #ARCs
- You can touch them. Feel them. Kiss them. (Not really.) Smell them. Etc.
- You actually feel like you own a book. 
- You can put it on your bookshelf. Physically. 
- You can show it off to friends about all your books...on your bookshelf....physically.
- Other people can borrow them.
- It actually looks like you're reading a book.
- You can secretly read a book during class and not get in as much trouble when caught. (I really wish I could bring my Nook to school. omg.) 
- You can feel the cover and fandom how pretty it is without accidentally turning the page.
- It's a book!

What are some unsatisfactory things about a physical book?
- Pages can rip....and then you'll have to cry. 
- When people borrow them, they dirty your book...and you'll have to cry.
- You have a better chance of loosing a book than a whole eReader. (I hope.)
- In a way, costs more than ebooks.
- Wasting paper. Be eco-friendly. ;D 
- You might look like a book worm when you carry one around 24/7
- After you're done, it sits on your shelf with all the other books you have. (I'm fine with that.)
- You'll have to get up to get another book

Okay. So after all  that? Which one would I choose? I'm sorry, eReader. As much as I love you, I still like physical copies better. They're just more convenient. To hide. To read. In a way. So......sorry~ But I love all books! :) 

Which one do you prefer? 

4 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a physical book :P I am such an old fashioned gal in this way. I refuse to buy an ereader because I'm so obsessed with hardback/paperback books! But this was extremely fun to read :)
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent points! I love your list:) I personally don't prefer one over the other. I normally end up reading on my Kindle because I can get the books faster but I love seeing all of my favorite books stacked up on my shelf! I'm an old GFC follower but I just followed you with bloglovin as well :) Happy Friday.
    K @My Favorite Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to have an e-reader to read in the dark with aaaawesome light, it's the Kobo Glo. I read in the dark all the time, very easy on the eyes.

    I really like the things you said! I love my e-reader, but nothing is better than a paperback <3

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more things that ebooks have that physical books don't: dictionaries and backlight.

    But I still prefer my paperbacks/hardcovers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!