In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review: Darker Still (Most Foul Magic #1) by Leanna Renee Heiber

Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1)Darker Still (Most Foul Magic)
by Leanna Renee Heiber
Release Date: November 8th, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: JMMS Book Fair
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: 

I was obsessed.

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.

Cindy's Review:
At First Glance/The Cover:
Okay guys, This one's gonna be a super duper short summary. Honestly, I read this way over months ago and I just can't get myself to review. Because well, it isn't my favorite book. And I'm to lazy to review.

And I bought this book because it on sale. For $3. Yeah. I'm cheap. ;/

The Characters:
Since I read this so long ago, I can hardly remember. I mean, I forget things from one second ago, and talk about months. Man. 
Natalie - Okay. So from what I remember this was kind of in medieval times. You know I said I really love medieval settings? But that wasn't so in this. I guess there's certain just certain settings. I didn't really like this romance either. I like medieval times settings but dystopian types of romance. Yeah. No all strict and awkward kisses and gentlemen-y. That wasn't for me. 

So from what I remember, Natalie is mute. I think she was mute since her mom died. Or something. And she's pretty. Only the man in the painting can actually make her talk.....

Uhh.. Okay. So the guy character is called Jonathan. And well, I honestly just don't like him very much. I just feel the swoon that happens when I read about those hot sexy guys. I normally like medieval guys. Okay. This setting in medieval at all. MY BAD. This is the 1880's. So I guess I just don't this time period.

Final Thoughts:
Okay. Moving on. I think this book was kind of creepy how the guy was in the painting. I'm saying okay too much. But Okay. Since today's Sunday and I have like half an hour left to do two book reviews. Gotta run.

The Rating: (1-10): 6 ;/ 
This book wasn't just really for me. 
Plus I read this in April, during STAR Testing so I probably just wasn't focused enough to like it.

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!