Thursday, October 25, 2012

Feature and Follow #5

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #120
Feature and Follow #5!

The hosts of this meme are Parajunkee andAllison Can Read. This week's features are Carmen Jenner and The Y.A. Bookworm.

Q: What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

A: One thing that irritates me is love at first sight. I hate love at first sight. It's less romantic. I rather have it hate at first sight, like the book Dragonfly. 

Another thing that irritates me is that when the author changes POV like without me knowing. I spend like the first page wondering whose talking. Omg.

I think that's it. I don't wanna make it too long. LOL.

If you follow, be sure to comment, so I can follow you back! ;)

Giveaways you should enter: 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

BTW, in order for your comment to count, you should comment here instead. Thanks!

17 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I definitely hate love at first sight. Feels so unrealistic.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hate love at first sight. I would prefer something more realistic!
    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both.
    I hate love at first sight. Even in real life. It shouldn't be called loved at all when you know nothing about that person, right?
    Here's my FF.
    Have a great day!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insta-love bugs me as well. It's a common complaint yet author's still seem enamored with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing's worse than insta-love... as for the POV, if the author can create a distinct voice for each character, the alternate POV's can work.. If not, it's just confusing...

    *old follower*

    My FF

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  7. These characters need to realise that it's physical attraction at first sight, not love ;) Totally agree on this one!
    Rinn (My FF)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love at first sight, boohoo! I don't like that either. Somethimes it works and other times it totally sucks. :(

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with you there!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I follow you now too!


    Have a GREAT weekend!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I agree on both counts!

    New follower via GFC!

    My post - F&F: Lit Tropes
    Addie @ READioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! Those two things really irritate me.
    New follower. Check out my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely agree, completely unrealistic! Do you have a twitter that I'm missing somewhere?

    My FFF: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com/2012/10/26/feature-follow-friday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Insta-love is one that irritates me too.


    New follower via GFC.

    My FF

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower via GFC. Insta-love seems to be irritating alot of us!

    my FF: http://roundedpages.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/feature-and-follow-friday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!
    Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog!!! I really appreciate it!!!
    Great answer! I completely see where you're coming from!!!
    I'm a new follower!!! :D

    J.B. http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Great blogg!! I´m following rigth now. Plaese follow Back
    www.theandaluins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!