In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Book Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #1).
Book Summary: When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons - and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon.. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Cindy's Summary: When I was looking through the Goodreads review on this book, it was either they totally loved it, or they hate like forever. I don't hate this book. In fact, it's pretty good. But it's not so awesome that it gets a dazzling 10/10. NO offense. I think this counts one of those dystopian books. I'm not sure. I know it's fantasy and everything. 

   
So the books starts off with Clary and her best friend Simon going to the Pandemonium Club. They can go to clubs? They're still in school. Oh well. Then, Clary learns about the Shadowhunters, the other world. And of course, she falls for Jace. Simon gets jealous of them. Team Jace!!!! And like it isn't till like the near end of the book till I remember that Magnus Bane was in Harry Potter. OMG. Harry Potter is so good. Well. The romance isn't so good. I"m getting so off topic right now. I think this is gonna be a really short opinion area since I'm like horrible at summaries. And I have to do five more for today. Omg.

Rate:(1-10): 9.5

So yeah. Have a nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!