In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cindy's Book Review: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last SongThe Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
Book Summary:Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.

Cindy's Opinions/Summary: Liana's gonna hate me for spoiling the ending, but I'm not really spoiling it. I knew about this before I even read the book. So Liana told me that all Nicholas Sparks' s books end with a death. And I was like there has to be death in this book for real. They'll separate but how could there be any deaths? And of course, in the end.........I won't tell you, but I'll tell you this. I cried for like the last hundred pages.....it's so sad, but it's a good book with a good ending.

For some reason, I thought Nicholas Sparks was like an old man or something, but then I saw his author photo and turns out he's quite buff. LOL.
And I have to say, for those who judged the book because movie/movie characters, you should really just read the book first......it's so good. And plus Liam Hemsworth is not that bad. At least he's hotter than Josh Hutcherson. But anyways, I read this like post about judging the book three stars because Miley Cyrus was in the movie and I was like, WHAT!!!! The book deserves five stars!!! For real!!! 

Rate: (1-10): 10

When I started rating books, I have to say, I rarely give tens, but now, I feel like I gave out a lot of tens.

Quote reactions! (Stealing Liana's words LOL.)

Since Liana's quote post-its were still there, I tried hard not to use her quotes.See....she took like all the good quotes...I only took one or  maybe two of hers because it was too good to leave behind.

''....wondered again what she'd be like in bed."

Ewww...he's totally a pervert. Ugh. (This is one of Liana's quotes.)

"Marcus definitely creeps her out."

Marcus creeps me out....

" 'Cause the two of you are acting like they died.' "

LOL. I really like the dad. And no, this is not the death part of the ending either. It's unexpected and sad.

" 'Just stay away from me!' "

Right, Marcus stay away from her! You creep!

" 'Do you ever listen to anything I say?' "

Um...nope.

" 'Shouldn't you be with your friends, staring at yourselves in the mirror.' 

....'Oh, because we're so good-looking, right?' "
LOL. Ronnie's so funny sometimes, despite that she's cross in everything.
And yes, you're good looking. Now what?

" 'And now I'm stuck babysitting turtle eggs while a volleyball player/grease monkey/aquarium volunteer tries to hit on me.' "

LOL. Grease monkey. Isn't he supposed to be hot? And she said it plain as day. Oh. I feel sad for Will. But it's so funny. 

" 'Can I ask you a question?'

'I'm not sure if I can stop you.' "
Good comeback, normally I say this to one of my teachers, Mrs.Philipps.
"I have a question."  And she'd say,
"I have an answer."
Now, I'm so using the 'I'm not sure if I can stop you' quote. LOL. Just hope that person don't think I"m criticizing them.

"One second he was standing three feet away from her, and in the next he had a hand on her hop and was pulling her close."

It's romantic. Continue on....LOL. Thank goodness that wasn't Marcus.(The second one of Liana's quotes.)

" '...you were definitely making out,' Jonah said with conviction."

Her brother is funny... LOL> You were definitely making out.

"His embrace somehow made everything better and worse at the same time."

No comment. Continued reading, looking forward to the ending. The sad, but romantic ending.
Comment: How do you do that?

So, I found some like fun facts on Goodreads...I've posted the most interesting ones, which is most of them. LOL.


Did You Know?---

Miley Cyrus chose the name Ronnie for the main character?
I really did not know that. Interesting....

Nicholas wrote the screenplay before he wrote the novel?

No, but everything makes sense now. It makes sense how the movie came out in 2009 and the book came out in 2010. It confused the heck out of me. I thought there was a typo or something.

The Last Song is the longest novel that Nicholas has written?

So basically, he writes really short books?

That's it, I actually find the first one the most interesting.


~ Cindy ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!