In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Books to Movies

There are so many books going to become movies. Ohmygawd. I just have to fandom about them all. The most recent one that is to come out in less than a week (tomorrow) is Sea of Monsters. :D Book 2 in the Percy Jackson series.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013) Poster The movie is probably going to be a little different than the book, as was The Lightning Thief. But it doesn't really matter. As long as Logan Lermen is there. Haha. :)

Movie Teaser: In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends embark on a quest to the Sea of Monsters to find the mythical Golden Fleece while trying to stop an ancient evil from rising. 

Release Date: August 7th, 2013 (at least in the US) in theaters 

Cast:
Percy Jackson - Logan Lerman
Annabeth Chase - Alexandra Daddario
Tyson - Douglas Smith
Clarisse La Rue - Leven Rambin
Grover Underwood - Brandon T. Jackson


Movie Trailer:


I dunno if this is the right trailer. But then, it's on TV~ :D And I got too excited. My mom thought I was crazy. In which I am. Haha. 

I'm glad Annabeth is finally getting her hair color right, to blond. Since in The Lightning Thief, all Percy noticed was her blonde hair and blue eyes. LOL. I'm also glad most of the characters are staying the same. The only character that changes in Chiron and I don't even remember what he looks like. Plus, he was half horse in the movie so yeah. Can't say my memory is that good...

I think one highlight in this movie would be seeing Grover in a wedding dress. I hope it'll show in the movie, but it definitely showed in the book. In the trailer those cyclops doesn't look like cyclops. But maybe they aren't. 

The movie releases tomorrow, so I don't have much to say until it's out. And I'm probably going to watch it like a week after it's release *hint hint I might talk about it. Or not.



The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) Poster

There is a world hidden within our own.

Well. I'm definitely not as big of a Cassie Clare fan as my friend, but I promised I'd watch it with her. So I will. I kind of want to it anyways. I won't have as much comments about City of Bones than Percy Jackson. But I promise I'll be talking. LOL.

Movie Teaser: When her mom is attacked and taken from their home in New York City by a demon, a seemingly ordinary teenage girl, Clary Fray, finds out truths about her past and bloodline on her quest to get her back, that changes her entire life.

Release Date: August 21st, 2013 (USA) in theaters 

I'm gonna go watch it on the 24th, since school starts on that day. Liana planned this date like literally months ahead. Omg. 



Cast:

Clary Fray - Lily Collins
Jace Wayland - Jamie Campbell Bower
Simon Lewis - Robert Sheehan
Magnus Bane - Godfrey Gao

These are my considered the most important characters.

Movie Trailer: 



Sorry Liana. But Jamie doesn't fit a Jace image to me. At all. I'm not saying Jamie's ugly or anything. But Jace doesn't look like that. Does he? I wanted Alex Prettyfer to be Jace. But it's alright. I'll live through the movie. I'll just won't drool throughout the entire movie, like while I'm watching Percy Jackson. I'm not that disgusting guys. I don't really drool.

And Magnus Bane is asian? Okayy. Okayy. Well like that, I didn't expect Grover to be African American either. Hehe.


City of Ashes will come out in 2014. I guess I'm going to see that too~ :D

More info @ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1538403/


Divergent:

Divergent (2014) Posterthe cover may not be official 

This one is the one movie for me that I must watch. Like I can totally imagining Divergent being a movie. Omg. Really. There's so much action scenes in the book that I know my eyes can't leave the screen. Yes. I admit it. I want to watch Divergent even more than Sea of Monsters. Definitely.

Movie Teaser: Set in a futuristic dystopia, a teenager seeks to break free from her homogeneous society that divides people based on human traits. She leaves her faction and joins a rival group, where she falls for an older man. In this case, the older man is only two years older than her.


Release Date: March 21st, 2014 (USA) in theaters

Can't wait! 

Cast:
Beatrice 'Tris' Prior - Shailene Woodley
Tobias 'Four' Eaton - Theo James
Eric - Jai Courtney
Peter - Miles Teller
Jeanine Matthews - Kate Winslet

Okay. There's more. But too lazy....

Omg. Kate Winslet! I know. The rose from Titanic. My friend laughed when I told her this. I think Shailene Woodley would kind of suit Tris. But Theo James tho. In my dreams, Four x100000 hotter. I'm not trying to be mean, but they really need to pick hotter guys for these roles. It needs to live up to our fangurls' expectations. Like really.  At least Theo James is buff. But then, looks are more important to me. 

Of course, though, acting skills are the most important so maybe Theo acts really well. Haven't seen any of his movies.

Movie Trailer:


I'm not even sure there is even a movie trailer for Divergent yet.
I just randomly choose one that doesn't seem fan made.
I'll take it down if it's too boring. LOL.

 Jeremy Irvine should have totally accepted the role of Four. OMG. Like why? Did he have to turn it down. You look good as a teen idol though. Are teen idols that bad. Well, you'll probably only get teen fangurls. Haha. I think Jeremy Irvine makes a better Four. He looks younger than Theo James. And Four is only 18 in the book. 



Graceling:
 For those who haven't heard: That's right! Graceling is going to be a movie! :D Yay~ I love Graceling. If only they can make Fire as a movie.                                                                                                                                     It's going to come out in 2014, but nothing is known yet. We don't know the cast or when it will be released. But I will anticipate it. :D                                                                                                                                        And I would think of my wanted casts but then. I would  have to think too much.                                                                                                                                       More info @ http://www.imdb.com/news/ni52186642/  

I think that's it for now. I can't think of anymore upcoming movies. Maybe it's because I've fangurling so hard, my brain is turning to mush. K. Stay tuned for more news. :D

And if you guys hear of another book-turned-movie being made, be sure to tell me! Like really! 

Oh yeah. I just remembered. Fifty Shades of Grey is also becoming a movie. And trust me, I will definitely not watch that. Is it 19+? I probably won't even being get in the theaters. I can sneak in, but I really don't want to. Haha. 

K. That's it for now~ Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. SHIT OMG I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY BUT I FORGOT EVERYTHING. LOL. Dude, I wanted to watch Sea of Monsters with you too but I promised Mason. (OR WE CAN GO WATCH IT TOMORROW TOGETHER AND HEHEHE I'LL JUST WATCH IT TWICE.) Merde. AND FOR CITY OF BONES I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED. Man, Jamie is beautiful. Please, you're not the only one that wanted Alex to be Jace. Alex is old. And plus he denied the role. Stupid Alex. And Jace made Cassie cry when he auditioned, so she picked him. He makes me cry with his singing too. -sighs-

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND AND AND AND AND AND AND AND AND UM I FORGOT. OMG. AND.... DARN IT. WHATEVER. EXTRA COMMENT FOR YOU, BBY. WAIT I REMEMBER NOW. I wanted Alex Pettyfer to be Jace too! But he cut his hair! And Jace has luscious locks! And Magnus is Asian! Said so in the book! ROBERT SHEEHAN IS SO DAMN HOT. But they dulled down his looks a lot for the role. But he still looks hot. Luscious hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. ...
    the movie fifty shades

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!