In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) 
by Veronica Rossi
Release Date: January 8th, 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: YA Fantasy
Paperback, 352 pages
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both. Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder,Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Cindy's Review: 
At a Glance:
Well, I already know what this book is about. I never got around to reading it, because the first book wasn't that appealing to me, for some random reason. Maybe I had really bad book tastes back then.

Okay. Just a thing, this one's gonna be really awkward since I probably can't remember anything.

And let me just say something about the cover first. It isn't exactly my ideal cover. I don't really find the cover as fascinating as it should be. It is pretty, but it doesn't really connect to the book. And Perry. Err...let's just say I didn't think he'd look like that. Even his clothing doesn't look right....especially his clothing. Where is his blood lord necklace and all? 

Characters/Plots:
Aria - I find myself thinking on the behalf of Aria for....well, mostly everything. Sometimes, I think about Perry. But either way, to me. Aria is more of the main character, even though both her and Perry have a POV. I guess I find Aria tolerating. There isn't something about her that makes me go, "ewww...this girl. Ugh. So annoying." Or anything, but then at the same time, I don't go "wow! She's so cool!" and then dream and fangurl and make up fanfictions about them. LOL. Yes. I do those things.

Perry - Okay. So Perry. No lie. But he sounds cute in  the book. And a good personality too. He has authority. Not weeny or weak. I like my protagonists strong. :D Yes. And then I'll be so proud of them. LOL. He's also brave. Yep. I also like courageous, daring protagonists too. That makes the adventure. 

Maybe it's me, but I find Perry not as goofy as in the first book. Maybe I got things mixed up though. And things wrong. Cuz like I said, I read these a gazillion years ago. Perry is more uptight with the whole blood lord thing. 

There were many more problems and plots in the sequel. In the first book, it was more of a romantic story and introduction of background, setting, and a general problem. But the second book provides a hot, romance packed with dark problems and rush hours. Much more heart-accelerating. :D

Final Thoughts:
Cuz I suck at doing reviews. Does anyone offer reviewing classes? Omg. LOL. 

Okay. Overall, I think this book was an okay adventure read. Although I didn't read it in one night sitting, I did manage to finish the book pretty fast. Like two days. Not dragging long like To Kill a Mockingbird. Omg. 

I really need to keep my acronyms down. I say them way too much. And reviews are supposed to professional too. But without some personality, a review is boring. Okay. Why am I saying all this? Well. Bye~

AND READ THE BOOK ONLY IF YOU READ THE FIRST ONE. OF COURSE.

The Rate: (1-10): 8

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!