In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Anticipating August Releases~

There's like, oh so much anticipating August releases from sequels I've been just waiting for to authors that I'm just a die-hard fan of. So yipee~ Glad to share it all!

*These are the ones I know about, so tell me, tell me more, if there are other books also coming out in August~  And god, I'm so late. It's in the middle of August already. LOL.

Origin (Lux, #4) Origin (Lux #4)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: August 27th, 2013.

Thoughts: Have ya'll heard of Jennifer L. Armentrout? If you haven't....I just have no comment. Well, except GO READ HER BOOKS. She's an awesome author with a really great writing style. The first book, Obsidian, was definitely an entertaining novel.


Origin is book four in the Lux series. And well, I didn't even read book 2 or 3 yet, but it's nice to know that when I do read book 2 and 3, book 4 would be waiting for me, especially if book 3 turns out to be a cliffhanger. :D 


Tagline: Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
Ooh. Okay. Hot and fierce. I see you, Daemon. Haha.


Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze #5)
by Abbi Glines
Release Date: August 27th, 2013.

Thoughts: Okay. I'm not even suppose to have these covers on my blog. Like as a supposedly innocent, little teenager, I don't read these. I don't even want to admit it, but then these have like the best damn romances. Too bad the movies would be Rated R. But again, as a teenager, we're probably one of the most dirty thinking bunches. LOL.  
I only read like book 1 in this series. Breathe. That one was actually like young adult. No one took their clothes off as far as I can tell. And god, Abbi writes like the best romance novels ever. LIKE EVER. If you're not afraid of some new adult, just go read her books. Omg. 

Tagline: Cage York has to choose between a love of the game and a love of the girl in this sultry Sea Breeze novel....

by April Genevieve Tucholke
Release Date: August 15th, 2013.

Thoughts: Well, just did this book's review right before this post. I don't have the link to it,since this is a scheduled post, but the review should be right under this post. So if you want to find out more, it's there. 

I think the cover portrays this book in the most perfect way possible. You see that fog? You won't be able to see clearly to that ending while reading the book. You see the couple, standing eerily at the cliff? The plot definitely gets mysterious. The romance. The setting. It's not scary though, but it'll definitely have you hunting for more. :)

Tagline: You stop fearing the devil when you're holding his hand...



The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3)
by Rae Carson
Release Date: August 27th, 2013.

Thoughts: The first book was highly recommended to me. The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Mysterious title. Great plot. Although personally, I think it sounds better as The Girl of Thorns and Fire. 

The second book ended in bit of a cliffhanger. A bit. Although I feel like I can kind of predict what might happen, you never know. Hmmm...let's see how The Bitter Kingdom does go though. 

I don't really like the covers, but ohs wells...

Tagline: The epic conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy.

Well, not that exciting, but at least we know it's the final book. :D 

The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #5)The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles Part #5)
by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson
Release Date: August 20th, 2013.

Thoughts: Cassie Clare fans~ Here she comes! :D Okay. You get the idea that it's about Magnus Bane. I didn't even know about the Bane Chronicles, like until now, so gotta catch up on my reading. And speaking about reading Cassie Clare books, I really need to read The Infernal Devices, which I heard was even better than The Mortal Instruments, so... hehe anticipating~ 

Magnus Bane is a wizard. That's all I remember. He sounds like he's from Harry Potter though. I don't really remember much about Magnus Bane but my friend just gushes that he's hot. Okay.

Tagline: In 1920s Manhattan, Magnus Bane hobnobs with the elite at a glamorous Jazz Age hotspot.   

The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories #2)
By Chris Colfer
Release Date: August 6th, 2013.

Thoughts: Okay. So I read the first book. AND LOVED IT. Like Chris Colfer's writing was just super duper fun to read. It's middle grade and a whole bunch of adventure. I really enjoyed that plot. It seems so mythical, but not so fake that it gets too dramatic. I really enjoyed The Wishing Spell. Like so much. So for those who don't mind some adventure, go ahead and read it! :D

Hmmm. Sounds like it would be one load of an adventure in the sequel~ 

Tagline: After decades of hiding, the evil Enchantress who cursed Sleeping Beauty is back with a vengeance. 

by James Dashner
Release Date: August 13th, 2013.

Thoughts: Any The Maze Runner fans out there? Or if you read The Maze Runner. In my case, I read the whole series and liked it. So when I found The Maze Runner Files, yeah. I'll definitely go check it out. :D Reminds me just like The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan. I just went crazy about that. LOL. Kk. Cuz ya'll know, Percy Jackson. And well, I guess I'm excited to learn more about Thomas and Teresa and this complicated, yet very creative process and plot of the maze.

Overall, this series is a really cool book. Sci-fi, romance. Yep. YA. For those who enjoys these genres. 

Tagline: Lost emails between WICKED employees, memos meant to be destroyed after reading, and.....

To Be Perfectly Honest: A Novel Based on an Untrue StoryTo Be Perfectly Honest 
by Sonya Sones
Release Date: August 27th, 2013.

Thoughts: So I also read this book. :D My friend let me borrow her ARC copy. And omg. She has like ways to get all these ARCS. I just dunno how. Either way, this whole book is kind of written in a poem format. So it's a pretty fast read. It was fun though. And the whole novel is a novel and it did make sense. 

It's like those poem novels. Epic poems? If they are long and novel like, but written in more of poem form, it's called an epic poem, isn't it? It just needs a hero and I guess when can say the main character is one. Even though she's not. LOL.

I haven't reviewed the book yet, so review will come out. LATER. 


by Rick Riordan, Shaun Tan, Ray Bradbury, Neal Shusterman, Tom Angleberger, Rebecca Stead, Shannon Hale, D.J. MacHale, Eric S. Nylund , and Kenneth Opal 
Release  Date: August 29th, 2013.

Thoughts: OMFG!! Like more Percy Jackson? Ooh yeah! What got me was Rick Riordan there. But then I also saw Neal Shusterman and Shannon Hale and that was triple the attention! OMG. Like I gotta read this one. Really. 

Taglines: Ten incredible trips into the unknown await you...

• Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo an all-new and exclusive tale from Rick Riordan

Okay. Forreal tho. Gotta read that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's it for now! :D Real excited for these books to come out and can't wait to get my hands on them to READ. Woot! 

There are way more other books coming out, but then these were like the ones that appealed to me the most. :D OF COURSE, TELL ME if you guys find some other spectacular August reads. :D 

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!