In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review: Rift by Andrea Cremer

Rift by Andrea CremerRift (Nightshade Prequel #1)
by Andrea Cremer
Release Date: August 7th, 2012
Publisher: Philomel
Format: Paperback, 430 pages
Source: Liana/Walmart
ISBN: 978-0-14-242493-3
Get a Copy: 
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.

With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.

Cindy's Review: I already read Andrea Cremer's Nightshade novel and my friend got the second book to the Rift, which is Rise. So when she saw Rift at Walmart, she had to get that too. Anyways, yeah. My friend is like my source of books. She gets everything. LOL. And I read everything.

The Cover:
Wooooh, that sexy look is there. And I must say, her weapon is amazing. LOL. Nice. ANd I like her hair too. And her eyes. ANd I love blue. Omg. That background color right there.

The Characters/Plot:
Ember - So Ember is the daughter of some high lord. She has an older sister whose gonna get married to some high classical person somewhere else. Ember is 16 and to escape her father's control, she decides to go the combat to train herself to fight and all that. Of course, Ember is special and she aces at many things. Including horse-back riding. (And seducing guys)

Alistair- The second character came up was Alistair. He grew up with Ember and I expected them to have an relationship, but Alistair turned out to be those touchy, over-protective guys and thinks Ember likes him and they should be together. So I was like ewww...never mind. Ugh.

Barrow -  Barrow though on the other hand. MHmmm... That teacher. Or whoever he is. He  is in charge of training Ember. And Yeah. Ember falls for him. Typical. Normally, I don't like student-teacher relationships, but like this is an exception, cuz like I don't think their age difference is that far apart. Anyways, saying Barrow's name reminds me of Baro from B1A4. :D LOL. 

The Extras:
I don't think this book had anything to do with Nightshade. Unless, I'm just really bad at reading. LOL. Anyways, I don't think so. No werewolves were mentioned. And they are a special classed people but the book didn't mention that they weren't human. Either way, I actually enjoyed this book's romance. More than Nightshade. Because the love triangle in Nightshade did not turn out well. Team Ren. :D

Rating: (1-10): 8.9
I keep forgetting to rate in my other book reviews. LOL. 

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!