In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten WHite

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) 
by Kiersten White 
Release Date: August 31st, 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Paperback, 335 pages
Source: JMMS Library
ISBN: 978-0-545-39763-6
Get a Copy:
      Barnes and Nobles
      Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Cindy's Review: I decided to read this book because my friend read this book and said it was pretty good so I decided to give it a try.

The Cover: 
Ummmm....no comment.

The Characters/Plot: 
Evie- Evie has a sense of humor. I read like the first page, not even that, the teaser, of this book and I already knew this author had a humor. I really like those kind of authors. Evie is like this cool but special paranormal person that can see through glamours and everything that is paranormal. She is supposedly a normal human being, but that is before she found what she actually is and how everything revolves around her. Whether she likes it or not.

Lend - Lend is the shape-shifter she falls for. At first, I was like.. Ewww.. how do you fall for those things, but apparently, he's very hot and he's even sexier when he's himself. Okay. Yeah, he isn't that smarty geeky type of guy. Nobody said anything about a hunk, but ya know, he's good looking enough for that beautiful main character girl to fall for him. It's cool how he was made. LOL. 

Reth - That's the faerie boyfriend. And I shall say, evil faerie boyfriend. My bad, it's ex-boyfriend. He needs to go away. Eww. You're not the only one there. He's so touchy and he acts like he owns Evie. Chills.

Lish - Lish is the mermaid friend Evie mentioned in the summary. ;) I think she's really cool. And I love the "What the bleep" thing. haha. I think Lish seems like a really cool friend. Too bad, her ending is so sad. Anyways, I kind of want to see what she looks like. Is there like a computer underwater or something for her to use? And how does she feel being in a tank all day? How boring is that? I don't know why, but I imagine her to be green. LOL.

The Extra:
Sorry this review is extra short today. LOL. Paranormalcy, cool title. :D LOL. 

Happy Reading~ 

1 comment:

  1. I liked the subtle humor in this book. Evie was a great character :D Nice review!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!