In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Friday, November 23, 2012

Book Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between UsTime Between Us
By Tamara Ireland Stone
Release Date: October 9th, 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
Format: Paperback ARC, 384 pages
Get a Copy: 
       Barnes and Nobles
       Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.


Cindy's Review: OMG. This book. K. Let me start it off. With like a plot thing. Do you like romance? If yes, how would you like to go back in time and fall in love with someone from a different time period? I know. If it was me, I'll be like 'ugh. They're gonna be thirty when I'm sixteen. No way.' But not in this case. In this case, it's totally romantic. And true love.

The Cover: 
Well. Let's see what attracted me to this book this time. Well. I guess, as greedy as it sounds, that it was free at the library. My Book Buddy thought it was a boring romance book from the cover. But boy, was she wrong. I actually like the cover. Maybe my judging is better than hers. lol. Or maybe she's just jealous. ;)

The Characters:
I feel like this book started off with Anna telling the story. Well. Actually I think Anna tells the entire story but it seems like it's more about Bennett than her. First of all, the name Anna seems kinda plain to me. No offense to the Anna's out there. Like I've read a lot of books that the main character's name is Anna. Why can't  the author make it more special? Either way, Anna lives in 1995. Well, she lives in 2011 too, but when she was in 1995, Evanston, Illinois, she was sixteen. She was Bennett's age. 

Bennett on the other hand is from San Francisco, California (Ayyyy! (;  <3 ) in 2011. He has this special random skill that allows him to air travel and time travel. It's cool, until he lost his sister in the 1995 time period. There he also met Anna, whom he fell in love with. Time travel is way confusing. The book started off with a thirty-year-old Anna giving a sixteen-year-old Bennett an envelope, but that sixteen-year-old Bennett haven't met the sixteen-year-old Anna yet back in 1995. Like I said, it's really really confusing. And truthfully, the name Bennett seems more like a last name to me. lol

The Plot:
Like I have already mentioned, Bennett time-traveled back to 1995 to find his sister, whom he lost while taking her to a concert. There, Bennett mat Anna. They fell in love, but how long can Bennett stay with her. I mean, he doesn't live in that time-period. When, one day, Bennett disappeared from Anna life forever, how does Anna face it? Is she going to be like the thirty-year-old Anna in 2011 where she never forgot Bennett or is she going to change her future? Or is Bennett gonna do something?

The Ending: 
Okey. The ending was perfect, but if you think too hard about it, it's gonna turn confusing. The whole time travel thing really confuses me.Like you're meeting yourself in the future who doesn't know about time travel. Like what? Forget it. But if you just leave the ending as it is, and admire the romance, than your brain won't burst with questions. ;)

The Bad: 
Mhmmm. I think this is towards all time-travel books. I'm not criticizing. I"m just saying. I know it's really really hard to clearly explain this whole confusing time-travel thing, but if one day, an author actually accomplish this, I'll be like really really grateful towards him/her.

The Good:
This book is so totally original. The creativity of this author is a blast. Like I love how you can go back in time and fall in love. Jeezzuz. So romantic <3

Rating: (1-10): 9.1!!

Well. Happy Black Friday to my American followers. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!