In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chapmion by Marie Lu Update & Excerpt

It's the finale to Legend!! Finally here~ Or actually, finally CLOSER. 

Champion (Legend, #3) Release Date: November 5th, 2013.

Omg. Sooo close. Can't wait!! And the Champion book tour!! OMG. I met Marie Lu for the Prodigy one. So yeee! I wanna meet her again! :) 

So like, of course, knowing me, I'm gonna take some snipbits from USA Today's interview with Marie Lu to share with you guys. 

And there's gonna be some movie info. And a new book that Marie Lu is working on. *Squeals It sounds good too. Omg. Okay.


Q: So where are we with the Legend movie at this point?
A: We're still looking for the perfect director, and the producers have a couple people in mind. Based on what they've told me, I'm pretty excited by their choices.
OHMEGERD. I just knew Legend is gonna become a movie. *cries. I have to go the movies sooo much~ Omg. Now there's another movie to be anticipated. Just this month, I went two times because of Percy Jackson and The Mortal Instruments. By the time this post comes out,It'll be September soo.... My next movie date should be somewhere in November and December because I'm probably not catching Catching Fire. LOL. 
Q: Were you frustrated when director Jonathan Levine dropped out of the production earlier this year?
A: I don't know if I'm at the point where I'm cynical enough to be upset by it. (Laughs) The whole process is still very amazing to me. The fact that any movie gets made at all is a miracle to me when I think about how complicated the entire process is. I'm just along for the ride, and as long as I get to keep working on my writing, I'm excited by whatever I hear.
Hmmm.. What's all this? I see that they got a director. Wells. Can't wait for them movies~ GOOD LUCK, Legend! 
Q: Working on The Young Elites, have you found many similarities to theLegend series?
A: It's a little bit like Legend in that the tone and the style of writing and pacing is similar, but it's a little more sweeping. It has a bigger cast in general. Otherwise, it's quite different. I'm calling it X-Men meets Assassin's Creed. It has that sort of feel to it.
Yes! Pretty excited! Omg. Anything to do with elites sounds good to me~ Gotta search up. Lemme see if I can find more info for it. Okayyy. I found a blurb on Goodreads, but no cover yet.

Blurb:

The new series, set in what Putnam described as a “Renaissance-like world,” is called The Young Elites. It follows three rival societies with supernatural powers battling for supremacy.

And a girl transforms from an unwanted daughter into a fearsome leader, igniting panic and sparking war between seven nations.


The first book in the series is set for fall 2014.


Definitely sounds good!



Drawings of the main characters!!!

All The Young Elite info credits to Marie's Pininterest. ;)

That's basically it for my news of Champion. ;)
You can find Chapter 1 of Champion @ usatoday.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!