In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Book Review: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Incarceron (Incarceron, #1)Incarceron (Incarceron #1) 
by Catherine Fisher
Release Date: February 8th, 2011
Publisher: Firebird Fantasy
Genre: YA Fantasy
Format: Paperback, 442 pages
Source: JMMS Library
ISBN: 978-0-14-241852-9
Get a Copy: B&N | Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells and corridors, but metal forests, dilapidated cities, and wilderness. It has been sealed for centuries, and only one man has ever escaped. Finn has always been a prisoner here. Although he has no memory of his childhood, he is sure he came from Outside. His link to the Outside, his chance to break free, is Claudia, the warden's daughter, herself determined to escape an arranged marriage. They are up against impossible odds, but one thing looms above all: Incarceron itself is alive . . .

Cindy's Review: I borrowed this book, I guess, for fun. Truthfully, I saw my friend's little sister reading this and she said it was good, so I decided to give it a try. This book didn't really blow my mind or grab my attention nonstop. Maybe it was because I was reading this during CST testings and I just couldn't focus. I think I flipped through pages more than reading. I got bored. So I probably skipped a lot of important stuff. But I'm pretty sure I got the basics down though. 

The key in the cover is basically the key that connected Finn's world and Claudia's world. Finn is inside the Incarceron, like a prisoner. No one had gotten out of that prison. And the prison is a one huge, scary thing too. Incarceron is like a robot. People created him. But Incarceron started getting its own brain and crontrolling itself. No one can stop Incarceron. 

Finn lives inside Incarceron. He was told that he was born in there. When he found a crystal key, he realized it was his opportunity to escape. So far, only the legendary Sapphique had ever escpaed this prison. And it's only a legend. The key can channel to Claudia.

Claudia has the same crystal key. Therefore, Claudia and Finn can talk to each other, even though he lives in a different world. Claudia is about to get married to a prince, but he isn't the original heir to the throne. It was said that the queen had killed Giles for a chance for her son to be king. And Claudia definitely doesn't want to marry him..

So I've decided, this one's gonna be a mighty short review. Cuz I'm not exactly feeling that I know a lot of this book right now. ;/ 

It wasn't until later I realized Catherine Fisher was the author of the Snow-Walker Saga. I really really loved that book. So, let's hope this book just wan't written for me. 

Rating: (1-10): 7.5

Happy Reading~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!