In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Book Review: Shut Out by Kody Keplinger

Shut OutShut Out
by Kody Keplinger
Release Date: September 5th, 2011
Publisher: Poppy
ebook, 237 pages
Content: PG-13 / YA
Get a Copy:
       B&N | Amazon

Goodreads Summary: Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part,Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention

Then Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: She and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. But what Lissa never sees coming is her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling...

Cindy's Review: 
At First Glance/The Cover:
This book was another one of those recommendations from Goodreads. It came up a lot on my recommendation list so I decided to check it out. It turned to be another one of those fun reads. The ones I enjoy with no really deep heart-aching connections. It's like players and girls. Okay. Bad example. Fine.

The Characters/My Opinions: 
Lissa - Lissa is a cool girl. I understood why she got mad. And in truth, that fight between football and soccer is stupid. I mean, I wouldn't had the bravery to do all that. And in truth, those guys must really want sex. Omg. Because in my mind, I thought the guys weren't like that. I don't think that saying 'no sex' would like affect my school's football team. At the freshman football. I hope. I really do. Jeez. I really do. LOL.

Randy - Lissa's quarterback boyfriend. So she must be really cool. I mean, she got popular girls to listen to her. It doesn't really make a big deal that Lissa's popular in this book and you don't really get the feeling that she's acting like a popular b****, but you just have the idea knowing that she probably is popular. Either way, Randy. He's like weird. I think find him cool and jocky and awesome like what football quarterbacks are stereotyped to be. Not the hot, handsome, cool ass guy, but more like a needy guy who wants his girlfriend to have s** with him. Like what? Okay.

Cash - I don't have a good history with the name Cash. Like I mean, really. Cash? Such a gangster name. I swear, there was a guy named Cash in my middle school and he was like ultimate bad boy. He got expelled. So nothing good on Cash. But Cash Sterling is a really nice name. And really, in this book, Cash is a great guy. He's a leader. I'm serious, he should really be the football quarterback instead. Sorry guys, I go for football more than soccer. If you know what I mean. Football jocks are hotter. At least in book wise. Either way, he's the perfect guy for the perfect girl. :)

Overall Thoughts:
Like I had said above, this is a really fun, fast read. Another one of my 'summer reads' because there's no strings. Not to be mean, but you read about it, move on with another book, forget about it. And after a long while, you see it again, and read it again. Repeat the cycle. I like those books. I mean, you can' really really get attached with every single book you ever read. 

So recommended for those who like romances and a no strings attached book. :) Check it out!

The Rating: (1-10): 8.6 

Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!