In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Anna and the French Kiss 
by Stephanie Perkins
Release Date: December 20th, 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Content: YA 
Hardcover, 372 pages
Get a Copy:
      B&N | Amazon

Goodreads Summary:  Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

"It was one of those 'since no one better is around, do you wanna make out?' "
LOL. ANNA. I never do that with my best friend. Lmao. 

Cindy's Review:
At a Glance/The Cover:
The title was very suggestive. I thought it was an NA book, but apparently not. It was not. It was oh so perfect! Omg. My feels. St. Clair. Omg. I thought the setting of Paris being love city would be cheesy but it was perfection. :D

"Hey. Scrubbing is underrated."
They can be so random sometimes. But it sure is. 

The Characters/My Opinion:
Anna - I like her. She was funny and made a really good, explaining narrator. And her crush on St. Clair wasn't too obsessed, yet she like him. :) And well, her hilarious, perky attitude definitely spiced things up! 

"Your first weekend without parental supervision in Paris? And you want to spend it in your bedroom? Alone?"
They're right and you're wrong. And really though. They really do have a point. 
 
Etienne St. Clair - Omg. I love this guy! Haha. In my head, he acts very French but he's not. Either way, he's such an amazing guy. He's funny. Hilarious. Cocky. Friendly. Perfect for Anna. I really like how the author made him short and friendly. Because all the those dream guys are buff, tall, sexy, arrogant, etc. Like total opposite of St. Clair. St. Clair is really charming and kind. I never really thought I would like guys like that but I would kill for him just being my friend. :)

He's like the best friend you had never had before. SO YES. I really do like St. Clair's character.

St. Clair and Anna make like the best couple ever. Eek! So glad I read this book! :)

"I am not wearing a bra."
That's all you can think of, huh?  

Anna and St. Clair are like the most important characters, but the extra characters are Josh, Rashmi, Mer, and Ellie. They are all part of St. Clair's group. Josh and Rashmi are dating. Mer has a crush on St. Clair. Anna knows it but she can't help liking St. Clair either way. Mer and Anna live right next to each other. Ellie is St. Clair's current girlfriend. She is one year older than all of them. Josh is one year younger than all of them. 

"Oh it's okay. You can touch anything of mine you want."
*silent laughter. Girl, that sure came out wrong! 

Then there's Dave. He's another guy in Anna's grade. Or maybe he was a junior? I forgot. He 'likes' Anna. But he's turns out to be a big bully and a big fat liar. And a bastard. Please mind my language but he is. 

Then there's also the people in Anna's life that is in Atlanta, where she is originally from. Bridge, Anna's best friend in Atlanta. Toph, the boy Anna likes in Atlanta. Matt, Anna's kinda ex-best friend. I think they're still friends. And Cherrie, Matt's girlfriend.

"I moan with pleasure."
Guys. Don't get this wrong. She's just having a food orgasm. *wiggles eyebrows. 

Either way, these are minor characters. The most important ones are of course, our main couple here and the ones in Paris.

"Which means the two of us will be here for the four-day weekend. Alone."
Mhmm. I see where you're going gurl. 

And lemme explain St. Clair's name while we're at that. Everyone calls St. Clair by his last name. So I do to. LOL. Cuz the name Etienne is especially reserved for Anna. Only Anna calls him that. 

"Beautiful. He called me beautiful! But wait. I don't like Dave."
Omg. Gurl. Get your head straight. When there's a St. Clair in front of you, everyone else is invisible.

My opinions? I lurve this book! This plot. This story. This romance. And these characters. Perfection!

"...while St. Clair scoots between Meredith and me."
He always, always sit next to you Anna. Don't you ever notice? 

Overall Thoughts:
YA ROMANCE, anyone? THIS ONE IS FOR YOU. Yep. It's cute. I really like how all this takes place in Paris? And then it's gonna go back to where I live in Lola and the Boy Next Door, so....wait for that review!

"You know, I've heard you actually have to have sex to get pregnant."
Omg. I feel embarrassed for her. 
The Rating: (1-10): 9.5 :)

**Okay. Guys. There were way much more quotes than this but no more space. These were only the quotes in the beginning. And near the middle. So I guess that's kinda good. I don't get to spoil anything. But yep. Hope the quotes gave you an idea of how funny and happy this book makes you. And Anna? Anna is just plain hilarious. Though I still like St. Clair the best. 

Happy Reading :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!