In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Monday, November 4, 2013

Outstanding October Releases

I know it's like November already.
But it doesn't hurt to talk those fab October books! :D
SO MANY BOOKS CAME OUT IN OCTOBER.
And I don't even have time to read! :(
OH wells. It's a long while since I been here.

Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Allegiant (Divergent#3)
by Veronica Roth
Release Date: October 22nd, 2013

Thoughts: You guys know that I can't resist these final trilogy books. So yes, I read this already. :D It was great! That ending was really unexpected. I mean, I knew it could happen in books. It makes really good endings actually, but I just never thought about it while reading Allegiant. The characters were so strong. Either way, the finale to Divergent will/will not disappoint. Warning: It's not a happy ending, nor is it a sad one. 

Tagline: One choice will define you. 
Now that is what I call a strong tagline. :)



The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus#4)
by Rick Riordan
Release Date: October 8th, 2013

Thoughts: Of course, I also read this one. A big Percy Jackson fan won't miss this. I can say The House of Hades is pretty eventful. You know how in The Lightning Thief, everyday seems to happen in a modern world. The only unrealistic thing about it was the magic and gods? Well, in The House of Hades, it's going to take fantasy to a whole other level. You can't even imagine it happening in the world you live in. But, you know, I like wild ideas. :D

Tagline: At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena...
Okay, so a summary. 

by Jessica Sorensen
Release Date: October 22nd, 2013

Thoughts: I absolutely loved The Secret of Ella Micha. It was those typical new adult books you would fall in love with, because they're so typical, but some emotional at the same time. The second book in the series was okay. I like Ella and Micha the best of course. They make the best couple. Lila and Ethan was hinted in the first book, so we'll see how they play out. Personally though, I like series that stays with just one couple, not couple everyone in the book up. But it's aight.

Tagline: He's everything she never expected...
Hmm. 

Unbreakable (The Legion, #1)Unbreakable (The Legion#1)
by Kami Garcia
Release Date: October 1st, 2013

Thoughts: I read the Beautiful Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Although the series wasn't the best series every published, the authors still kind of left a legend. People know who they are and people probably watched Beautiful Creatures. So why not. The title sounds cool. Supernatural meets The Da Vinci Code. Hmmm.


Tagline: I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.
I never do horror. But maybe I can survive this one.


by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis
Release Date: October 29th, 2013

Thoughts: I've been seeing advertisement for this book like every single time I go onto Amazon. But I am Shadowhunter fan. Not a huge obsessed one. But big enough to not get annoyed at these advertisement pop-ups. So ;) I don't plan on buying this though. It costs like $11 or more! Yeah. Either way, we get to learn more about them Shadowhunters. And hopefully Jace. The perfection of Jace. Haha.
Tagline: The Clave is pleased to announce the newest edition of the Nephilim's oldest and most famous training manual: the Shadowhunters' Codex.

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)Never Fade (The Darkest Minds#2)
by Alexandra Bracken
Release Date: October 15th, 2013

Thoughts: I love the Darkest Minds! :D It's a really good book, so I recommend! I thought the series should have ended in first book. It was a really sad ending. And sad ending makes really good endings. But either way, still excited for the sequel. I do want to know what happened to Liam and Rose. That ending to the first book was somewhat of a cliffhanger. It was a cliffhanger if there was going to be a sequel. It would made a really powerful, unforgettable ending if the whole series just ended that way.

Tagline: Ruby never asked for the abilities that almost cost her life.

  
Resist (Breathe, #2)Resist (Breathe#2)
by Sarah Crossan
Release Date: October 8th, 2013.

Thoughts: The first book left an impression. Not that strong that I was dying just waiting for the sequel to be released, but strong enough for me to want to read the second book. If you know what I mean. The cover does seem cool though. The first book was purple with the same pod. In the sequel, it looks like it's spring time. And there is a flower in the middle. Let's see what it all means.

Tagline: The sequel--and conclusion--to Sarah Crossan's Breathe.
Wait what? It's not a trilogy? OMG. It's the last book! WELL THEN, gotta read! 


BlackoutBlackout (Blackout#1)
by Robison Wells
Release Date: October 1st, 2013

Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of Robison Wells, but he's a decent enough writer that I won't get a one glance and be like 'Pshhh. Next.' I actually thought Blackout was part of the Variant series by Robison Wells. I wasn't sure if it ended or not, because I just read the first book. It was interesting, but I didn't really pay attention to the release of the sequel, which if I remember correctly is Feedback.
Tagline: Laura and Alec are trained terrorists. Jack and Aubrey are high school students. There was no reason for them to meet.
Ooh sounds good. Reminds me of my Gallagher girls. The plot sounds very interesting. 


Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)Time After Time (Time Between Us#2)
 by Tamara Ireland Stone
Release Date: October 8th, 2013

Thoughts: That first book though. I got the ARC of the first book, Time Between Us, from a library event and loved it! I'm so glad I picked that ARC. It's a really good romance story that is more historical fiction than contemporary. It's time travel. Time traveling is a very very confusing topic to write, to read, and even to think about, but it is very fun to read and very interesting plot to imagine. In order words, I just love reading books about time travel, although I do tend to over think about it and end up confusing myself.

Tagline: Calling Anne and Bennett's romance long distance is an understatement: she's from 1995 Chicago and he's a time traveler from 2012 San Francisco. 
It sure is an understatement. LOL. 

Bang (Visions, #2)Bang (Visions#2)
by Lisa McMann
Release Date: October 8th, 2013

Thoughts: I read this book like 8 months ago. My friend got the ARC for this book and I'm glad I read it. It's a pretty interesting, chair-gripping plot. Although each book isn't really that long, it didn't feel too childish. The romance is pretty cute. But I felt like the sequels are pretty repetitive. At the end of each book, you'll roll your eyes and be like 'again?' but the romance is pretty worthwhile so I'll still read the last book. :D

Tagline: Jules should be happy.
 Woah. This is such a normal and simple sentence. But then maybe that should can catch attention to readers thinking why isn't she happy.

by Shannon Hale
Release Date: October 8th, 2013

Thoughts: Although Shannon Hale is more like a middle grade author, I still enjoy her books. I especially loved The Princesses' Academy. That was GOOD. Like oh yeah. When you read a book, the main character basically always ends up with the guy, but in the Princesses' Academy, on the other hand,... I don' want to spoil it, but you get the idea. AND it's not a sad ending. That's why I thoroughly love that book. So hope this one wouldn't disappoint! :)

Tagline: At Ever After High, an enchanting boarding school, the children of fairytale legends prepare themselves to fulfill their destinies as the next generations of Snow White, Prince Charmings, and Evil Queens...whether they want to or not.
Ooh. I love fairytales. And fairytale retellings. 

Hereafter (Shadowlands, #2)Hereafter (Shadowlands#2)
by Kate Brian
Release Date: October 1st, 2013

Thoughts: I have the ARC of the first book, Shadowlands that I got from the library, but I didn't read it yet. So I don't know if this series is good or not. But at least, I know now, if Shadowlands is good or has cliffhanger ending, the second book is available for me to read and I won't be dying waiting for the sequels. 
Tagline: Rory Miller thought her life was over when a serial killer set his sights on her and forced her into a witness protection.
Off to a strong start, man.



UnSouled (Unwind, #3)Unsouled (Unwind#3) 
by Neal Shusterman
Release Date: October 15th, 2013

Thoughts: That cover is so freakin creepy. OMG. Ugh. Scary. Either way, I read Unwind in like 6th grade for the California Young Reader Medal. I'm pretty I chose it out of three books, so yay. But I'm not sure if I'm going to continue this series. I thought Unwind was a stand-alone. Sixth grade was like 3 years ago. Quite a long time. Okay. Move on to the tagline cuz I don't want to look this cover any longer. You see, I so don't do horror. I can to suspense and mysteries, just horror. They give me the jitters.

Tagline: Connor and Lev are on the run after the destruction of the Graveyard, the last safe haven for AWOL Unwinds.
Sounds bad. Definitely not reading. No offense. 

Pretenders (Pretenders, #1)Pretenders (Pretenders#1)
by Lisi Harrison
Release Date: October 1st, 2013

Thoughts: Most of the books on this list are sequels to books I've read. Because those books are the ones I look forward to the most. Or they are books of authors I am a huge fan of. But once in a while, when I do see a new release from an author I read from, but not a huge fan of, and their book looks interesting, I will put the book on this list. So that's why Pretenders is here. I don't even remember what book Lisi Harrison wrote, but Pretenders seem pretty contemporary and high school based. I do enjoy those books.

Tagline: It takes place at a high school in New Jersey. Summer is over. 
Straight to the facts. I like it. And school drama. I like that too. I don't like to be in drama but I like to read about them in books and watch them in dramas #duhhh 

Darkness Watching (Darkworld, #1)Darkness Watching (Darkworld#1)
by Emma L. Adams
Release Date: October 10th, 2013

Thoughts: I'm not huge into supernaturals. I don't like ghosts or demons unless it relates back a really heartwarming story or a really hot guy. But the author is the one that this book onto this list. What makes her special? No offense, not that she's writes exceptionally good. She does write pretty good, but not so good that I'm hanging onto her every word. She started kind of like me. The dream of writing and publishing a book at a young age. At high school age. And she actually did it. It seems very cool that she did it with a book she wrote and now she's writing another one. Yes, I know most famous authors also write a really young age, but I never really saw the process. I never really knew someone before they became an author. 

Tagline: Eighteen-year-old Ashlyn is one interview away from her future when she sees demons.
Okay. Not a good sight. I feel like just putting this author out there but I'm not really sure about reading her new book. First, my time for reading books is very limited. Second, I did mention I'm not into supernatural and scary novels, right? 

by Mercy Amare
Release Date: October 11th, 2013

Thoughts: Okay. I admit. I like these funny, romantic-ish stand alones. They make a really fun read. This is part of the teaser that caught me: "My life is perfect. Except for the fact that my olde sister is posing naked for Playboy. And my mom wants me to be just like her. Oh, and I caught my boyfriend cheating on me. But other than that, it's definitely perfect...Until the paparazzi publishes a picture of me smoking weed." HILARIOUS. I can just tell I'm gonna love this girl. In a way, that quote was the tagline. But here's the official first sentence of the teaser. With more Char attitude.

Tagline: I'm Charlotte York, but you can call me Char.
What a funny name. And PS the guy on the cover is kind of ugly.

Family Tree #2: The Long Way HomeThe Long Way Home (Family Tree#2)
by Ann M. Martin
Release Date: October 29th, 2013

Thoughts: I normally don't like start reading a series with a sequel. Correction. I don't do it at all. I'm just featuring this book. Or actually the author. Ann M. Martin writes for younger readers. Like elementary school ones. And when I was younger, I just absolutely loved her books. Aside from the Boxcar Children and the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, of course. So, Ann M. Martin gives a great memory. She does have a young adult book though, called Just a Summer Romance. It came out in like 1994 but it still never gets old with me. I just lurve that book! :D

Tagline: Four girls. Four generations. One family.
See? I just love these heartwarming, family, growing up books.

Well, that's it for the October new releases on my shelf! November ones are coming real soon. :) Because there's that one book I'm waiting for~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!