In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books In This World of Books

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nifty November Releases~

Champion FTW.
Fangurl time. :D 
So them November releases are not as eventful as October, but it's alright. :) There are other cool books out there.

Champion (Legend, #3)Champion (Legend#3)
by Marie Lu
Release Date: November 5th, 2013

Thoughts: Woot! I love finales. The last book in the series are always very good. And awesome. :) Can't wait to read it. I really have to buy the book. Saying goodbye to June and Day. Unless...there's more novellas. Anyways, if you enjoy a dystopian romantic YA novel, read this series! If you haven't already.

Tagline: He is a Legend. She is a Prodigy. Who will be Champion? 
Hmmm. I wonder if Champion is going to be a third person or one of them.
 

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)World After (Penryn and the End Days#2)
by Susan Ee
 Release Date: November 19th, 2013

Thoughts: I read the first book but didn't extremely loved it. It doesn't hurt to spotlight a book though. I'm not that into angels nowadays. So maybe that's why. :) So fallen angel lovers, here another series for you~

Tagline: In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world. 

Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)Pawn (The Blackout Rebellion#1)
by Aimee Carter
Release Date: November 26th, 2013

Thoughts: Author of The Goddess Test, Aimee Carter has a new series! I thoroughly enjoyed The Goddess Test, so let's see what do we have now. Pawn. Hmm. It's a dystopian series. And there are ranks. The powerful, VII and the misery, III. Woo~

Tagline: YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.
Of course, Kitty Doe wants to be a VII instead of a III. But there is always a catch to it. And she would become the pawn to this very political game. 

The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9)
by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson
Release Date: November 19th, 2013

Thoughts: More Magnus Bane. Why not. These Bane Chronicles are novellas of Magnus. And his experiences and stuff. And he has a lot of experience. Because he's immortal. I haven't read any of them. But once I get time. Why not. It's Magnus Bane! :D
Tagline: Magnus meets Valentine in battle as the Circle attacks the Downworlders of New York City.
This was back in Clary's mom time. When Valentine was a Shadowhunter. And maybe just starting to get evil.


Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles#1)
by Sophie Jordan
Release Date: November 5th, 2013

Thoughts: It's been awhile since I read a romance novel. Not like the cover, the whole in bed part, mind you that. It's the chasing after a best friend's brother part. Oooh. SO CUTE. And there's already a love-triangle, which I get so frustrated at if they're cliffhangers, but at the same time, which I secretly love. Okay. Let's not look at the cover. The cover's taking the romance to a whole next level. What I meant to say was that I haven't read a YA romance novel that is contemporary, high school, since forever.
Tagline: Before she goes after the life she's always wanted, she's about to find the one she needs.
Okay, sounds like she's about to give up her crush.

Brooke (Under The Never Sky #2.5)Brooke (Under the Never Sky#2.5)
by  Veronica Rossi
Release Date: November 26th, 2013

Thoughts: Ooh. A novella. About Broke. Right before the conclusion of the whole series. I didn't read Into the Still Blue just yet. Because it isn't published yet. So this is a novella between book 2 and book 3, I might as well read it too. :)

Tagline: Pulsing with romance and danger, Brooke will leave readers desperate about for the conclusion to this epic and unforgettable saga.
Hmmm. I see. Making it a cliffhanger, aren't we. Into the Still Blue comes out in 2014. If it's going to make readers desperate for the finale, I'm not going to read it just yet and torture myself. LOL.


Soar (The Empire Chronicles, #1) Soar (The Empire Chronicles#1)
by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Release Date: November 19th, 2013 

Thoughts: Well, Alyssa Rose Ivy writes pretty good books. She may be a self-published indie author, but her books are getting pretty out there. I would definitely read this new upcoming series of hers. Hmm. This seems to go to modern fantasy and the supernatural world. I'm not really into supernaturals but the cover is great.

Tagline: In the city that never sleeps the Chronicles continue...
Ooh. A pretty eye-catching tagline...


by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Release Date: November 12th, 2013

Thoughts: Woah. Full ride scholarship. I want one. To Standford! If only. But the story isn't exactly what I thought. It kind of reminds me of the movie of Freedom Writer. Margaret Peterson Haddix was a really great middle grade writer. At least, I only read her middle grade books. So let's see how she does with the high school world. :D

Tagline: Becca thought her life was over when her father was sent to prison for embezzlement.
 See. Not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of how to get into college with a full-ride scholarship. Now I need that book.


Goddess in Time (Oh. My. Gods, #2.1)Goddess in Time (Oh. My. Gods. #2.1)
by Tera Lynn Childs
Release Date: November 5th, 2013

Thoughts: I love gods and goddesses. Especially Greek mythology. Haha. And this just sounds funny. Although it isn't the first one in its series, I'll look into it. I just love these gods and goddesses business. 

Tagline: A fun, action-packed novella, perfect for teenage Percy Jackson fans, starring favorite characters from Greek mythology and beloved author Tera Lynn Childs's Oh. My. Gods. series.
Did I just see that right? Percy Jackson? Greek mythology? Eek!



The Key (The True Reign Series, #1)The Key (The True Reign Series#1)
by Jennifer Anne Davis
 Release Date: November 16th, 2013

Thoughts: Medieval! I love medieval. And princes. And just medieval romance in general. They make like the best romance novels ever. Even dystopian and contemporary can't be compared to a good written romance in the castle novel. This book goes really deep in this love-hate problem romance thing. Which I would thoroughly enjoy. So yes. :) I'm reading this one.

Tagline: Within these pages lie kingdoms with castles and princes who fall in love with fair maidens, but make no mistake--this is no fairytale.
Ooh. Love that tagline right there. <3.

Not bad. I enjoyed November's new books. :D
The Key especially. I just fell in love with that tagline. 
Sounds really good. Just the author wrote the book even better!
And of course, there's also Champion. Gotta read that one still.
Either way,
Happy Reading~
Stay tuned for December's new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!